Create an account to contribute to this site!
Peter Pan, or The Boy Who Wouldn't Grow Up
Peter Pan, or The Boy Who Wouldn't Grow Up is the play which introduced the characters of Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Tinker Bell, Wendy Darling, etc. to a large audience. Peter Pan had appeared in J. M. Barrie's book The Little White Bird, but this is the work that became a sensation, capturing the public's imagination. It was followed by a reprint of Peter's first appearance, various print adaptations (including Barrie's novel Peter and Wendy), and eventually a whole series of other stage versions, films, etc.
The first performance took place on the afternoon of December 27, 1904, at 2pm.
- Peter Pan - Miss Nina Boucicault
- Mr. Darling - Mr. Gerald du Maurier (brother of Sylvia du Maurier)
- Mrs. Darling - Miss Dorothea Baird
- Wendy Moira Angela Darling - Miss Hilda Trevelyan
- John Napoleon Darling - Master George Hersee
- Michael Nicholas Darling - Miss Winifred Geoghgan
- Nana - Mr. Arthur Lupino
- Tinker Bell - Miss Jane Wren
- Members of Peter's Band
- Jas. Hook - Mr. Gerald du Maurier
- Liza - Ela Q. May (credited ironically as "Author of the Play")
First Pirate /Gerald Malvern Second Pirate / J. Grahame Black Pirate/ S. Spencer Crocodile / A. Ganker & C. Lawton Ostrich / G. Henson
Director - Mr. Dion Boucicault Jr